Ansar Women’s College has a functional Alumni Association with an objective to foster long-term relationships among Alumni members and College. The Alumni Association is in the process of registration and the annual Alumni meet is held on the 15 th of August every year to ensure maximum participation. Each year, an Alumni committee of responsible teaching and non-teaching faculties is formed. Alumni notifications and invitations are published via leading newspapers and social media platforms. A WhatsApp group of previous College Union members is also actively maintained by the college. The Alumni meet is conducted as a mixture of cultural and non-cultural events participated by Alumni members, teachers and students. The meet serves as an incredible opportunity for the alumni members to share their college days as well as their life experiences with the faculty and students. A number of our Alumni have proved their merit in the respective fields of their career. Members of the Alumni who are also academicians visit the college and deliver lectures to the students on various occasions. They offer student support services by way of counselling, guidance and lectures. The contributions provided by the Alumni are invaluable to the college, students and the society.
Some of its major activities include:
Honouring teachers for their academic contribution
Offering rewards to College Toppers
Sponsoring Books, Uniforms and tuition fees for eligible students.
Blood Donation and medical camps in association with NSS Charity activities during social and natural calamities like Kerala Flood, etc.
Strengthening library assets by contributing books, Furniture etc.
Setting up of an effective Rain Water Harvesting System in the college.
Organizing exhibition and cultural programmes
Student counselling sessions by Psychology Dept. Alumni (“Break the Fear”)
Besides the common Alumni Meeting, Department wise alumni meetings are conducted to nurture their relation within each department.
Now, coming to our future activities, we are planning to organize a Global alumni meet by including as many Alumni members from all over the world. We are also planning to develop a robust Alumni directory to strengthen all activities of the alumni association.
1. To keep a roster of all Alumni of college and their pertinent data.
2. Maintaining the updated and current information of all Alumni.
3. To encourage, foster and promote close relations among the alumni themselves.
4. To promote a sustained sense of belonging to the Alma Mater among the Alumni by being in regular contact with them.
5. To provide and disseminate information regarding their Alma Mater, its graduates, faculties and students to the Alumni.
6. To assist and support the efforts of JNGEC in obtaining funds for development.
7. To guide and assist Alumni who have recently completed their courses of study at the JNGEC to keep them engaged in productive pursuits useful to the society.
8. To provide a forum for the Alumni for exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues of the day by organizing and coordinating reunion activities of the Alumni
9. To let the alumni acknowledge their gratitude to their Alma Mater. The Alumni Association achieves these objectives by staging an annual programme of events and reunions; through communications, by providing a range of discounts and
services for alumni; and by supporting student scholarships and other fund raising initiatives.