Ansar Women’s College and its residence facilities have zero tolerance for ragging and takes care to provide a ragging-free campus. The Institution has a committee on Anti-Ragging since 2010. To ensure compliance as per the UGC regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions,2009, the Anti-ragging Committee was nominated and headed by the Head of the Institution. It constitutes the representatives as prescribed by the UGC regulations including civil and police administration, local media, non-government organizations involved in youth activities and and senior faculty members and representatives from parents and students. The committee meets often and discuss the new directions given by UGC. The anti- ragging squad ensures the implementation of the preventive measure to ensure ragging free campus.
• The main objective of this cell is to create awareness among the students on the importance of “Ragging free Campus”
• Make them aware of the human rights issues involved in it and to keep continuous watch and vigilance over ragging issues so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
• To take necessary measures to achieve the objectives of eliminating the menace of ragging within the Institution or outside
• To act on the defaulters who are found guilty of ragging and /or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging
• University Grant Commission (UGC)guidelines notified code no F1-16\2009[CPP-II] dated 21/10/2009 0n Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions,2009[under section 26(1)(g) of the UGC Act 1956] are strictly implemented at Ansar Women’s college.
• According to the Honorable Supreme Court of India Ragging constitutes one or more of any acts which may cause or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student. Measures to Prevent Ragging
• Mandated Orientation Programme for freshers and parents to familiarize them with the Institutional rules and regulations inclusive of anti-ragging measures, what constitutes ragging and the consequences to be faced.
• Students and parents submit anti-ragging related affidavits to the institutions at the time of admission.
• Awareness programmes on Anti Ragging / street corner meeting/ Rally campaigns are being conducted by our NSS unit periodically.
• Anti-ragging display boards and banners containing the evils of ragging and the administrative actions in the event of ragging are displayed around the campus
• The Squad will work under the overall guidance of anti-ragging committee. The Squad make surprise raids on hostel & other hot spots like College bus stops, Canteen, College bus. etc. and will be empowered to inspect places of potential ragging.
• Hostel wardens are taking effective steps to curb the ragging activities in hostel. • Installation of CCTV at vantage and vulnerable points in the campus
• Awareness programs are conducted and Anti-Ragging Act is read out in the class during the induction and orientation programs for fresher and senior students.
• Anti-ragging committee is constituted to ensure compliance with the provisions of the regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force
• The functioning of the Anti-ragging squad will be monitored by the committee, nominate new members and make necessary amendments in the modus operandi
Ansar Womens College
kunnamkulam Calicut Road, Perumpilavu,
04885 284 912
04885 284 912