In the current socio-political atmosphere, it is evident that a large section of population of our country is still deprived and marginalized. Our college has always ensured that the weaker sections students do not get left behind in their studies as well as in overall academic development process. The minority cell of the college is formed with the purpose of empowering the minority communities in the college. The Minority Cell basically helps minority students including Christian, Muslim etc. for their academic development. The Cell promotes healthy interpersonal relationships among the students coming from various social backgrounds. The cell functions to meet the emerging needs of the minority communities and thereby strengthening the community in general.
• To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in the University and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes of the Government of India in the college.
• To help individuals or a group of students belonging to the disadvantaged section of the society to contain the problems related to discrimination.
• To encourage them to enroll for Career Orientation Programs which would empower and equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
• To arrange Premarital Counselling through Premarital Counselling Centre of the Minority Welfare Cell.
• To look into the grievances of the weaker section of society and suggest amicable solution to their problems.
• To enhance the diversity within the campus.
Co-ordinator Sheena C P
Ansar Womens College
kunnamkulam Calicut Road, Perumpilavu,
04885 284 912
04885 284 912