Ansar Women’s College was established for achieving its noblest aim of empowering and uplifting minorities, especially women. To fulfil the vision of the Forefathers, the Women Empowerment Cell of Ansar Women’s College was started with the aim of empowering and orienting women to recognize their true potential and help them to attain strength to set their marks in this competing world. In modern days women are more aware of their society and believe in their strength, handles their weakness with grace, identifies the goodness in things and shows responsibility towards their social duties. But women sometimes face violations of their fundamental rights. This necessitates the establishment of safeguards to provide gender equality.
KSWDC got sanction from State Government to implement women-cell in 40 selected women’s colleges in Kerala aiming to make women aware of their rights and duties. Through Women-Cell they want to provide a platform for students to share their experience, views about gender inequalities, their status in society and suggest ways to empower. The objective of Women Cell is to intellectually enrich and uplift women students. Ansar Women’s College being a platform for women empowerment doesn’t need a second thought to accept the invitation from KSWDC to constitute a Women-Cell. Women cell was constituted in Ansar Women’s College during the academic year 2013-14. The Cell has been working to safeguard women’s rights and safety and to raise awareness of gender equality.
· To inculcate among the youth a sense of social commitment
· To act as a linking channel between women community and KSWDC
· To create a feeling of empathy among students for their fellow beings
· To provide training for Women empowerment
· Explore the talents of students and utilize them for the betterment of society
· To promote a culture of respect and equality for the female gender.
· To organize awareness programs on gender sensitization
· To conduct seminars and workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available
and train the women.
· Organizing different activities to make women aware of their health, sports, self-defence etc.
· Counselling services for resident and non-resident students.
· To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, so that they can be job providers rather than job seekers.
Women Cell Co-ordinator: Manju Krishna VR
Ansar Womens College
kunnamkulam Calicut Road, Perumpilavu,
04885 284 912
04885 284 912